Our priority at The Loft Cinema is the health and safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers.
The situation around COVID-19 (coronavirus) is rapidly evolving, and we are striving to react appropriately to all new information as it becomes available.
We are introducing new measures effective immediately to increase that safety:
- We are following the City of Tucson’s model by reducing our capacity to 50 people in screen 1 and 25 people in screens 2 and 3.
- Beginning on Saturday, March 14th, we will be reducing showtimes to allow for staggering of crowds in and out of the lobby, and to allow for additional cleaning and disinfecting time inside the theatre. Additional cleaning and disinfecting of all common areas is underway.
- Most special events through March 31 have been cancelled or postponed. Please see below for a full list. If you have already purchased a ticket for a cancelled event, you may contact us for a refund or donate the cost of your ticket to the nonprofit Loft Cinema. If you purchased a ticket to a postponed event, the ticket will be good for the rescheduled date, or you may receive a refund or donate the cost of that ticket.
- We have immediately extended additional sick leave to all employees to ensure that anyone feeling ill stays home from work and does not suffer a financial consequence.
- We ask all patrons who have a fever, cough, sore throat, or other symptoms of an illness to stay home.
- Refunds are available to any customers who are feeling ill or uncomfortable with coming to the theatre. Please email us at [email protected] or call us at 520-795-0844.
- We’ve reminded staff to follow standard precautions, including frequent hand washing, and to stay home if they feel ill. We ask our patrons to do the same.
- Here’s a link to the Pima County Health Department website with up-to-date information on what is happening locally.
- We will continue to monitor and follow guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as local and state public health authorities.
These measures will be in place until at least March 31, and will be continuously monitored for safety and efficacy over that time.
As always, we appreciate your support of the nonprofit Loft Cinema!
Loft Cinema Staff
FILM AND EVENT UPDATES
3/17 – In the Americas Season 8 Premiere
3/18 – Jane B. for Agnes V. – The Films of Agnes Varda
3/20 – Missing Link – Solar Cinema in Himmel Park
3/20 – Corpus Christi – Free Members Screening
3/21 – The Lorax – Loft Jr.
3/21 – Rocky Horror Picture Show
3/23 – Biggest Little Farm – Science on Screen
3/25 – The Beaches of Agnes – The Films of Agnes Varda
3/26 – Fantastic Fungi Day
3/29 – Healthier Logic 101
POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE, TBA:
3/19 – Wendy and Lucy – Essential Cinema
3/28 – The All-Nite Scream-O-Rama
3/29 – Nashville – Staff Selects
3/31 – LUNAFEST
4/5 – Doggie Shorts
3/30 and 3/31 – Fruits Basket