TUESDAY, JANUARY 22 AT 5:30pm | Sold Out
This screening was filled by pre-registration through eventbrite.
An additional screening is scheduled for February 7, 2019 at CITY Center for Collaborative Learning on Feb. 7, 2019 at 5:00pm. Pre-register for Feb. 7th, HERE.
Teaching in Arizona, a Tucson Values Teachers documentary short film, follows three Tucson educators to deliver an intimate portrait of what it’s really like to be a teacher today. It also depicts the impact of the teacher workforce crisis on the future generations that will influence the prosperity of a state and a nation.
Please join us for this FREE film screening event, and stay for a panel discussion with the three featured teachers from the film. The film is a great tool to engage in important community conversations around high quality education for all Arizona students. Discover how you can become a champion for Arizona teachers!
Featured Community Conversation Speakers:
– Dustin Williams, Pima County School Superintendent
– Janet Acree, math specialist, AmeriSchools Academy of Tucson (featured in film)
– Nathaniel Rios, social studies teacher, Flowing Wells High School (featured in film)
– Tia Tsosie-Begay, 4th grade teacher, Los Niños Elementary School (featured in film)
– Katie Rogerson, Chief Operating Officer, Tucson Values Teachers
This is a rental of The Loft Cinema, presented by Tucson Values Teachers.