STREAMING FOR FREE February 4 – Thursday, February 17
The Loft Cinema partners with the University of Arizona School of Theatre, Film & Television to present What’s Up, Docs? In this year’s showcase, Tucson gets the documentary treatment!
Watch 15 outstanding new short films created by BA and BFA students exploring topics that are current, newsworthy, poignant, funny, and sublime. Here’s a sample:
- Adia is a profile of UA Women’s Basketball Head Coach Adia Barnes and how she took the team from basement-dwellers to Pac-15 contenders.
- Solution Number Two goes inside the UA operation that is testing wastewater in order to identify outbreaks on the UA campus.
- Pandemic Pets explores the Tucson residents gaining comfort and sanity from taking in rescue pets. Watch for an appearance by a dog named Bryce Meryl Streep Feldstein.
- Tucson, Cinezona profiles our own Loft Cinema and how the iconic arthouse cinema is navigating the pandemic.
- Be Our Guest looks at Casa Alitas, a local refugee support organization, and how the Trump Administration’s policies have affected its daily operations.
- Asian and American digs deep into what it means to be Asian-American today.
- Butterfly profiles two Tucson women who find healing and strength in pole dancing.
(Various directors, 2020, USA, approximately 120 minutes, Not Rated)